[Balloon] Re: balloon looks old

Author: Wookey
To: Tarapia Tapioco
CC: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Re: balloon looks old
+++ Tarapia Tapioco [05-03-22 21:59 +0100]:

> please, please, lets a) portect the wiki form spamers
> (using captcha, or a login like "balloon" pwd "balloon"...)

Thanx for that - someone else pointed it out a few hours ago - I'm just in
the process of restoring it, but there seems to be some sort of php-version
mismatch problem which is confusing matters.

Please educate me on these anti-spam methods? what is captcha? It's sad
that we can't have on open wiki without getting spammed, but it has taken
some 2 years for this first defacement (apart from one minor defacement on
one page about a year ago).

> b) let us knwo what happened to the idea to provide a "cheaper", versatile and open Board (Balloon3).

Balloon3 is progressing nicely. It is being laid out at the moment. I just
need to spend a bit of time on the website toput the info up.

> c) explain what differntates balloon from stuff like gumstix.org or www.toradex.com's colibir.

Anyone care to write some text on this subject?