[Yaffs] Some recent CVS changes

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Some recent CVS changes
Hi YAFFSers

I have done some recent changes:

1) linux-kernel/... :Added a rudimentary kernel patch-in script for 2.6.x
kernels. My main box is still running 2.4.18 (8-O) which has limited the
testing a bit... must really get switched to 2.6.x. I have done **some**
testing on this, but it is likely flakey at present. What it does is creates
softlinks/symlinks from the kernel tree to a yaffs tree. It also modifies the
fs/Kconfig file to include the yaffs Kconfig. I will do some more testing,
but any improvements/suggestions very welcome.

2) yaffs_guts.c: Set nErasedBlocks to zero during initialisation. This fixed
some problems with remounting a file system if the yaffs_Device structure was
not reinitialised.

3) yaffs_fs.c: Added short op caching to the Linux VFS wrapper. This can
vastly improve performance of short reads & writes.

-- Charles