Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS with other RTOSs

Author: Charles Manning
To: Vukovic, Donald, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS with other RTOSs
On Wednesday 27 April 2005 10:53, Vukovic, Donald wrote:
> Has anyone ported YAFFS to the Nucleus RTOS ??

I don't know of people specifically using YAFFS with Nucleus, but YAFFS has
been used successfully with various RTOSs. The YAFFS Direct stuff was written
specifically for this purpose.

Note that to use YAFFS in this way will likely require a licensing deal
(unless you're doing a GPL project). See
http://www.aleph1.co.uk/yaffs/licensing.html

Also see
http://www.aleph1.co.uk/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/yaffs/Documentation/yaffs_direct.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html

YAFFS direct is pretty well tested since this is the primary method using to
test yaffs_guts (ie. the internal file system algorithms).

> I am just started to try this, and would like to know if this possible.
> ( or just difficult )

It should not be **that** difficult.

The actual RTOS porting just involves filling out a few stub functions to
provide a locking semaphore etc in direct/yaffscfg.c and of course providing
some NAND access functions.

-- CHarles