Re: [Yaffs] Using the CVS version

Author: Karl Olsen
To: manningc2, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Using the CVS version
On Friday, May 13, 2005 3:43 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Charles Manning <> wrote:

> On Friday 13 May 2005 03:55, Karl Olsen wrote:

>> I am using yaffs on Linux 2.6.11.5, based on the Frank Rowand
>> patches from 2004-12-16. I was having some problems, so I wanted to
>> try the current version, fetched as "Download tarball" from
>> http://www.aleph1.co.uk/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/yaffs/ . According to
>> the CVS entries, some things have been fixed since last December.
>>
>> But after trying the patch-ker.sh (and adding the real yaffs files to
>> fs/yaffs and the missing "obj-$(CONFIG_YAFFS_FS) += yaffs/" to
>> fs/Makefile), it didn't compile at all. It looks like none of the
>> necessary fixes that Frank Rowand made have been applied to CVS. Is
>> there an up-to-date version somewhere, or what am I doing wrong?
>
> Some of Frank's patches were applied to what was in CVS, but not all.
> Some were pretty much the same thing done a different way.

I am sorry but I can only find one change related to Frank Rowand, the
kill_block_super vs. kill_litter_super in yaffs_fs.c. He made many changes
that were necessary to make the code compile under Linux 2.6. For example,
he added "#include <linux/config.h>" at the top of many files, and without
this in yaffs_mtdif.c, the functions in that file would never be compiled at
all. yaffs_mtdif.c is described as version 1.10, 8 months old (from Sep 19
2004). The files under yaffs2/ look similar.

I am looking at the "access the repository over the web"
(http://www.aleph1.co.uk/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ ). Are there updated yaffs
files available elsewhere?

Kind regards,
Karl Olsen