Re: [Yaffs] Anyone using yaffs in u-boot?

Author: Rick Bronson
To: manningc2
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Anyone using yaffs in u-boot?
Charles,

Thanks much for the reply.

> I'm notr sure what Uboot does, but it depends what you're trying to achieve,
> reading or writing.
>
> If you're wanting to read an image during booting (ie. boot from YAFFS) then
> have a look at the bootloader in YAFFS direct.

Yes, this is what I want to do.

Can the "YAFFS direct" take a pointer to the actual NAND device
(ie. the 8 bit port) and extract a file from a partition into ram that
was previously written via YAFFS on Linux?

Unfortunately I'm stuck at a 2.4.19 kernel for now, is this a
problem for the latest and greatest YAFFS?

Thanks for all the help.

Rick