Re: [Yaffs] Re: YAFFS2 failure

Author: Ladislav Michl
To: Nick Bane
CC: Yaffs, Balloon@Balloonboard.Org
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Re: YAFFS2 failure
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 11:11:21AM +0100, Nick Bane wrote:
> It is in bootldr that I am using the new mtd suitably changed for
> embedded usage. What I needed to do was override the default autoob
> policy in the nand chip structure. This meant that it defaulted to my
> autoplacement policy and not the mtd default for all reads of data+oob
> together.

Nice, I'm just working on integrating new NAND MTD into U-Boot (based on
patch by Pantelis Antoniou), so perhaps we could join our effort.

> Look in
> husaberg.toby-churchill.co.uk/balloon/development/bootldr35/nand/nandif.c
> in the setup_nand function where nand->autoob is set to yaffs2_oob.
> That should fix it for you though it means that all partitions (yaffs2
> or not) will be forced to use that policy.

Unfortunately I cannot access toby-churchill.co.uk site.
$ traceroute husaberg.toby-churchill.co.uk
traceroute: unknown host husaberg.toby-churchill.co.uk
It was working yesterday for short while, but now it's unaccessible
again.

> The use of MTD_NANECC_AULTOPL_USR is almost tested but not quite ready
> for showtime. Look in yaffs/yaffs_mtdif2.c for the way to test it by
> changing the comments. I have been just too busy to do it myself in
> the kernel as it needs a fair bit of work to port 2.6 to balloon
> though that is scheduled when balloon3 hardware becomes available
> (July/Sept?).

Are you talking about yaffs/yaffs_mtdif2.c source file from yaffs2 CVS
module as found in :pserver::/home/aleph1/cvs ?
If so I must be doing something wrong, because I do see any comment
looking close your description.

    ladis