RE: [Yaffs] RE: inadvertently marking all blocks bad?

Author: Lawson.Reed
To: yaffs
Subject: RE: [Yaffs] RE: inadvertently marking all blocks bad?
OK, it's all working now. the problem was that nand_read_ecc()
was doing the AUTOPLACE to skip the bad block marker, but the
same AUTOPLACE code did not exist in nand_read_oob(). And when
YAFFS2 calls through its yaffs_mtdif.c layer while its looking for
the right chunk ID, it ends up calling nand_read_oob()
and not nand_read_ecc(). So, I put the same AUTOPLACE code there
and wala, All works. It's a pain having to cobble together new
and old code so as to live in the past (2.4 kernel I mean).
I know its my own darn fault.

This is so FAST compared to JAFFS2. THANK YOU!!!!!

Reed Lawson
IGT Firmware Engineering
(775) 448-0755