Re: [Yaffs] KBUILD_MODNAME

Author: Timofei V. Bondarenko
To: Charles Manning
CC: Timofei V. Bondarenko, yaffs, Martin Fouts
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] KBUILD_MODNAME
Charles Manning wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 September 2005 19:45, Timofei V. Bondarenko wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>Martin Fouts wrote:
>>
>>>moduleconfig.h is only meant to be used when building yaffs2 outside of
>>>the kernel tree as a module. I added it in the past few days, as a
>>>simple way to get out-of-tree module building working again.
>>>
>>>If you build in-kernel, then you shouldn't see anything from
>>>moduleconfig.h because it is protected by KBUILD_MODNAME, which I
>>>_thought_ was only defined when you were building out-of-tree.
>>>
>>>I will investigate this, and if KBUILD_MODNAME is being defined when
>>>building a module in-tree, then I'll find a better guard to use.
>>
>>It's defined, because the yaffs still a module,
>>no matter how it is linked and where is it compiled from.
>>
>>I could suggest to use "gcc -include moduleconfig.h" in the Makefile.
>

> Marty has applied some fixes for this a few hours ago. Please try that.

Ok, the moduleconfig.h sileced now.
The rest is still as before:

fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c: In function `yaffs_DeleteChunk':
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c:2645: warning: implicit declaration of function `yaffs_ReadChunkFromNAND'
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c:2645: error: `spare' undeclared (first use in this function)
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c:2645: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c:2645: error: for each function it appears in.)
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c: In function `yaffs_CheckStructures':
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c:5645: warning: int format, long unsigned int arg (arg 4)
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.c:5647: warning: int format, long unsigned int arg (arg 4)
make[3]: *** [fs/yaffs2/yaffs_guts.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [fs/yaffs2] Error 2
make[1]: *** [fs] Error 2
make: *** [linux] Error 1

--