Re: [Balloon] second frame buffer

Author: Nick Bane
To: Glen VanMilligan
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] second frame buffer
> Is there a way to easily construct a second frame buffer that can be swapped
> with the first one? How then would one switch between frame buffers?
> --Glen

If you look at the sources for the sa1100 framebuffer you can see that
it is possible to manipulate the relevant memory in the driver though
there is no provision for it.

You can switch framebuffers using virtual consoles as one can with
alt-f[n] as one can on a standard pc style install. I have a pxa270
development system doing just that.

Alternatively you can read/write the file /dev/fb0. For rapid switching
you would probably want to mmap the data and memcpy the framebuffer to
application malloc'd ram.

Hope that helps.

Nick Bane