[Yaffs] Re: [YAFFS1] Some bits are changed - systematically

Author: Martin Egholm Nielsen
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Re: [YAFFS1] Some bits are changed - systematically
Hi Ian,

I take to the list - who knows if somebody might read this one day...

Ian McDonnell wrote:
>>I guess not :-)
> Yes, he is very quiet isn't he.

:-)

>>Can I enable some flags in the YAFFS core enabling some debug
>>information that'll help me investigating this problem?
>>I guess what I want is to have a list of nodes stating what
>>nodes belong to what file and when the node was written...
> Can you reproduce the problem? Does the corruption hit the same
> file? Is it similar in other files? Do you know it's not a NAND
> or MTD problem -- i.e a corrupted write or a bad device. Have
> you seen this problem on other instances of the h/w. etc.

That's the only device I've seen it with - out of 20-30 pieces having
had the same "treatment" :-)
And no I haven't tried that device any more - I didn't want to ruin the
possibility to analyse what has happened...

And I don't know if it's a NAND or MTD problem - I was hoping that some
could guide me...

Can this occur, say, with a bad NAND? Would YAFFS/MTD puke up with a lot
of checksum errors?

Best regards,
Martin Egholm