[Balloon] Mount oddity

Author: Colin Tuckley
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Mount oddity
My balloon has a Socket LP-E ethernet i/f which seems to work well when I do
most things.

However if I try to mount an NFS share from the balloon it sits for about 3
minutes before the command completes successfully. the umount happens
instantly as expected.

Looking at the problem it appears that my balloon does not have portmapper
installed and the wait is the timeout for a failed portmapper request. Does
anyone know if this is the real problem?

If I try to "ipkg install portmapper" it complains:

ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for portmap:
         start-stop-daemon

Anyone know how to either get around that or what to install to meet the
dependency?

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |    |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Linux server is like wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside.