[Yaffs] Re: yaffs robustness against power failures

Author: Charles Manning
To: Vitaly Wool
CC: wookey, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Re: yaffs robustness against power failures
On Saturday 22 April 2006 01:09, Vitaly Wool wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm interested in $Subject very much. Given that the answer here
> (http://www.aleph1.co.uk/pipermail/yaffs/2005q1/000924.html) is
> absolutely right, how would yaffs handle the situation when the file
> being written exceeds the remaining available partition size?

You will end up with a partial write. eg. If you have 500k free and you
attempt to write 1MB then 500k will be written and the write call will return
500k.

YAFFS keeps enough space in reserve to flush any in-flight internal cache and
flush file handles etc.

What definitely will not happen is file structure getting corrupted.

-- Charles