[Yaffs] SGID operation with directories

Author: Tom Hansen
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] SGID operation with directories
I'm using YAFFS with the 2.4.26-ts9 kernel on a Technologics TS-7250.

When I set the SGID bit on a directory, files created under it do not
inherit the group ID, and directories created under it inherit neither
the group ID nor the SGID bit.

I have a ramfs mount active at the same time (on /tmp), and the correct
SGID behavior occurs there, so it does seem to be a filesystem-specific
issue.

Is there some mount option I should be using? I tried the 'grpid'
mount option, but it had no effect on the problem.
Any ideas anyone?

--
Tom Hansen
Senior Information Processing Consultant

www.glwi.uwm.edu