Re: [Yaffs] problems using Yaffs2 on linux 2.6.14

Author: YongLi
To: Nori, Soma Sekhar, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] problems using Yaffs2 on linux 2.6.14
Thank you for your mail!

I used ths CVS patch folder file to resolved this problem!

By the way, what it the root cause for this problem?

Tyler Li

LiYong wrote:
> I downloaded the newest CVS tarball through webcvs and used it in

Linux
> 2.6.14 on ARM 9 cpu.
>
> On the 2K page Nand flash, after mount this nand flash as a Yaffs2

file
> system, I can copy files to it. However, After umount and remout this

nand
> flash, all files I copied are missing!
>
> How to narrow down this problem?

This is the symptom seen when YAFFS2 is used with stock mtd. You need a
patch to the YAFFS2 mtd interface file. The patch can be found in the
mailing list archive.

Sekhar Nori.