[Yaffs] Lurker installed for searchable mailing lists

Author: Wookey
To: Balloon, yaffs
I've got round to configuring something I installed months ago - lurker.

This is a rather less primitive mailing list archiver than pipermail.
It lets you search the archives (woo!) and move around within a thread
(oohh!), or find all the posts by one person (aaah!).

The one thing it can't do without a great deal of arsing about
(especially combined with mailman) is separate virtual hosts fully.

You can see it at:
http://www.aleph1.co.uk/lurker (from a 'yaffs' perspective ).
or
http://www.balloonboard.org/lurker (from a balloonboard.org perspective)

I'll leave pipermail running in parallel for a bit, but assuming
lurker works out OK I'll turn pipermail off in a bit (to save having
two complete archives).

Now I've posted this messages I can check that the integration with
mailman is working right. :-)

I hope that searchable archives are a genuinely useful improvement
(especially for the yaffs list). It has been a bit complex to set up
so tell me if anything remains broken, or messages get lost.

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/