[Balloon] Balloon 3 comms connector power problem

Author: Chris Jones
To: balloon
CC: praf1, david.bisset, pjgl2
Subject: [Balloon] Balloon 3 comms connector power problem
Paul Fidler and I have just come across a power net gotcha on loon 3
(version 0.1, one of the first four prototypes). There's a 3.3V power
output on the comms connector, J11, pin 24, which is connected to net
VDD_EXT. This is supposed to be connected to VDD_PANEL but somehow the
two nets have got separated on the board, so VDD_EXT only goes to J11
and J9 and there's no power on it.

This is a major problem for the university because the I2C level
shifters on the breakout board rely on VDD_EXT as their source of 3.3V.
It'll also scupper anyone trying to power a camera or MMC card from J9.

I've bunged it into bugzilla. It's bug 2, filed under CPLD/FPGA logic
because that's the only vaguely hardware-related category...

Chris

--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd, makers of Solidlights