[Yaffs] Wear-leveling of YAFFS

+ (text/html)
Author: 千庭
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Wear-leveling of YAFFS
Hello~~

I have downloaded YAFFS from Aleph One. And I am tracing it's code now.

I found that the document you write below:
Wear leveling

No wear leveling is explicitly used here. Instead we rely on two
"strategies":

·         Reserving some blocks to cater for failure. You need to do this
anyway with NAND. The main purpose behind wear leveling is to prevent some
blocks getting more wear and failing. Since we expect, and handle, failure
this is no longer as important.

·         The infrequent random block selection should prevent low-wear
blocks getting "stuck".

But I did not find the 「random block selection」 code section in YAFFS.

Could anyone tell me where the code section is?

PLEASE!!

Thx………