[Yaffs] OOB usage with YAFFS

Author: Andre Renaud
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] OOB usage with YAFFS
When using YAFFS, is it possible to store the tags data in the page
itself, rather than in the OOB area? I noticed a discussion a while ago
regarding Samsung OneNAND, in which this method was suggested as a way
of avoiding the restrictions that device placed on the OOB bytes. I have
a chip with similar restrictions, which I can use fine to store straight
data in, but not with YAFFS for the filesystem, due (I believe) to the
OOB issues.

I assume that a similar method has to be taken when people use YAFFS
with NOR flash (as has been mentioned in the list).

Has anyone worked on this? Is there a way to force YAFFS meta-data into
the page area?

Thanks,
Andre

--
Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solutions Centre

       Andre Renaud                             Bluewater Systems Ltd
Phone: +64 3 3779127 (Aus 1 800 148 751)        Level 17, 119 Armagh St
Fax:   +64 3 3779135                            PO Box 13889
Email:                  Christchurch
Web:   http://www.bluewatersys.com              New Zealand