RE: [Yaffs] OOB struct for yaffs2

Author: Charles Manning
To: olivier.eribon, yaffs
Subject: RE: [Yaffs] OOB struct for yaffs2

> I try to integrate the read yaffs2 partition function in my
> bootloader (ppcboot).
> I have some problem. Do you have a map contents of the 64
> bytes (oob) for a nand flash (2k per page) under yaffs2.
>
> I have some problem to decode the structure of this information.
>
> PS : for example in yaffs1 this struture was (in my bootloader) :
>
> // Spare structure
> typedef struct
> {
>     __u8  tagByte0;
>     __u8  tagByte1;
>     __u8  tagByte2;
>     __u8  tagByte3;
>     __u8  pageStatus;
>     __u8  blockStatus;
>     __u8  tagByte4;
>     __u8  tagByte5;
>     __u8  ecc1[3];
>     __u8  tagByte6;
>     __u8  tagByte7;
>     __u8  ecc2[3];
> } yaffs_Spare;

The easy answer is that there is no easy answer :-).

Yaffs1 used a fixed ob layout following the SmartMedia conventions.

Yaffs2 was designed to abstract away the ob layout. Thus, the actual oob
layout is defined in your NAND driver, not in yaffs. You will need to
look at the driver to determine what goes where.

-- Charles