Re: [Balloon] B3 SDRAM speed

Author: Chris Jones
To: Steve Wiseman
CC: balloon@balloonboard.org
Subject: Re: [Balloon] B3 SDRAM speed
Steve Wiseman wrote:
>    I was 'scoping around on my B3 - SDRAM appears to be running at 50MHz,
> rather than 100. Is this on purpose? (Have we confirmed it runs at 100?).
> If we're running some super-safe defaults and need a session to pick some
> better values (some of which will deliver better performance without
> taking more power), let me know.

It's definitely not on purpose: we looked at the SDRAM timing registers
when getting bootldr running, said 'eeuurgh, that looks nasty, let's
just switch it on and see if it works anyway' and it did. So, I think,
nobody's tried to optimise it since then. We may have found our
volunteer ;-)

Chris

--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd, makers of Solidlights