RE: [Balloon] B3 supply voltage?

Author: David Bisset
To: 'Steve Wiseman', balloon
Subject: RE: [Balloon] B3 supply voltage?
Unfortunately the limitation to 4v6 on P2 is real.

The problem comes from the V7 output on the MAX1586
Which turns out not to be a regulator (when you RTM properly) but a switch,
this is fine when VBATT comes from a nice Lithium backup battery but not so
nice when its fed from 5v. The series diode drops a bit as does the switch
in the MAX1586, but combined they still give an upper Vin of 4v6 because
VBATT into the PXA has an upper limit of 3.75v or 0.2/0.3v over VDD_IO.

This is fixed on E1 with an optional 3v0 LDO if you aren't using a battery.

The red glow on the reset LED is also fixed on E1.

David.