[Yaffs] yaffs problem: !!!!!!!!! Allocator out !!!!!!!!!!!!!…

Author: Gennady Dagman
To: yaffs
CC: Paul Lima, Blair Barnett
Subject: [Yaffs] yaffs problem: !!!!!!!!! Allocator out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello,

We ran into this situation with 1Gb partition on NAND
having about 27Mb free space. I suppose there were pretty
heavy file processing performed at this time.

There were dozens of these "Allocator out" messages
accompanied by "yaffs tragedy: no more eraased blocks" and
many file operations failed.

I think that in this situation GC was not fast enough to provide
new blocks for allocation.

Question:
---------
I see that currently so called "aggressive" GC strategy is triggered
when number of erased blocks is less than 15. I believe this value
depends on those hard-coded values:

    dev->nReservedBlocks = 5;
    dev->nShortOpCaches = 10;

What are the guidelines for choosing above constants ? Should we
probably adjust them for bigger sized partitions ?

Thank you in advance for any hint you can provide.

Gennady Dagman.