[Yaffs] Re: FYI: small yaffs2 vs jffs2 comparison

Author: Vitaly Wool
To: Vitaly Wool
CC: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Re: FYI: small yaffs2 vs jffs2 comparison
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:55:48 +0400
"Vitaly Wool" <> wrote:

> Gents,
>
> Here the basic performance measurements for JFFS2 and YAFFS2 as of
> 5/10/2006 are presented. The measurements were performed on the PNX4008
> platform which is a 208 MHz CPU ARM926-based Philips board. The 2k page
> flash is the real NAND flash (20MiB partition); the 512b flash is
> nandsim (8 MB partition).

As a follow-up on this one, I did the same measurements on the same 2k flash but w/ standard OOB layout and SW ECC. The results are below.

                        Write big file  Write folder    Mount
YAFFS2               |  96.4 s          67.1 s          0.8 s
JFFS2 w/o summary    |  67.3 s          16.3 s          6.1 s
JFFS2 w/ summary     |  66.8 s          16.2 s          0.5 s

I guess that the *real big difference* in "Write folder" test results might be related to the MTD layer... which I'll try to figure out soon.

Vitaly