Re: [Balloon] How much ram on P2 B3?

Author: Nick Bane
To: david
CC: 'Wookey', 'Balloon'
Subject: Re: [Balloon] How much ram on P2 B3?
> P2 has two banks fitted with a pair of K4S561633F per Bank
> These give 4Meg x 16 bit x 4 blocks per chip giving 64MegBytes per Bank
> i.e. 128MegBytes in total.
>
> E1 has three banks fitted with a pair of K4M511633F per Bank
> These give 8Meg x 16 Bit x 4 Block per chip giving 128MegBytes per Bank
> i.e. 384Meg Bytes in Total
>
> However how much of this is available depends on which memory mode the PXA
> is in. In small mode only 256Meg of this is accessible, in large mode all of
> it is.
>
> I have now forgotten which mode we are running in (Nick....?)

We are in large memory mode but only the top two banks are useable to linux
in the current pxa implementation ie 1/4G. This will need resolving at some
point but so far it looks like having optional extra blocks of ram added
before existing blocks in physical memory and/or before PHYS_RAM breaks the
memory manager.

Nick