[Yaffs] YAFFS shutdown

Author: Wagner Scott (ST-IN/ENG1)
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] YAFFS shutdown
Hi all,

I know that one of the features of YAFFS is its graceful crash /
unexpected shutdown handling. However, my system (an embedded Linux
YAFFS implementation) provides a power fail warning interrupt about 250
mS before the actual power failure. I would like to utilize this time
to warn YAFFS of impending doom so that it can, for example, refuse
further write requests from apps or flush any RAM journals to the NAND
flash, thus (perhaps) making YAFFS even a little more robust.

Is this idea practical, and is there an interface to the Linux YAFFS (or
the underlying MTD) which I should ue to do this?

Thanks
Scott Wagner