[Yaffs] Re: query: yaffs2 image for rtos

Author: Nick Bane
To: vasudevan m, Yaffs@Stoneboat.Aleph1.Co.Uk
Subject: [Yaffs] Re: query: yaffs2 image for rtos
> Dear Nick,
>
> I read your article in the yaffs website. I am trying to port
> yaffs2-direct to an RTOS.
> I compiled the sources,implemented nand access routines and executed
> some read, write tests on my target board. It's working fine.
>
> But I wanted to create image in a Linux PC using mkyaffs2image utility
> and then use it as a root filesystem for my RTOS which is running in
> my target board. But this does not work. I burnt the created image in
> the proper blocks(start from block no-1) of my nand flash. When I try
> to access the files or dirs in the image , it fails.
>
> Why yaffs direct is not able to detect the image ?
>
> Please suggest me.

Hi

I use this mechanism and I have no problems like what you describe. If you
would like to see a working example, look at the bootloader sources at
http://balloonboard.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/balloon/branches/bootldr36-pxa-sa1100/
which is an implementation in current use.

I am afraid that your debug report of "not able to detect" is a little
sparse so I can't help more than that without any other information.

Please note taht mkyaffs2image makes an image suitable for 2k page size
nand and not for a 512 byte page size nand using yaffs2 in compatability
mode. For that you would use mkyaffsimage

Good luck

Nick
cc yaffs list