Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS vs. JFFS2 performance

Author: Allen Curtis
To: Vitaly Wool
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS vs. JFFS2 performance
>> In general, YAFFS appears to be significantly faster than JFFS2. Is
>> there a reason why the mounts are so slow? I thought that this was a
>> feature of YAFFS.
>
> please refer to the previous mails in this list discussing mount time
> increase for 512b page size NAND. This has been discussed several
> times even this week...

Ok, I have looked through the mailing list archives and the only email
I found says:

"this is a known issue on 2.6.18 kernels caused by the MTD layer
rework. You'll have to do some code hacking to speed things up."

Is the *patch* you were referring to? Do you have other emails or
references which help me to understand the problem and the hack
required?

Thanks
Allen