Re: [Yaffs] yaffs compiling errors 'yaffs_internal_read_supe…

+ (text/html)
Author: Vitaly Wool
To: howhowwork
CC: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs compiling errors 'yaffs_internal_read_super' and yaffs2 write errors
Hi,

On 12/13/06, howhowwork <> wrote:

> Hello,

first, can you please introduce yourself? 'howhowwork' is not too a
descriptive name. I'd say even more, my spam filter tried to block your
message :)

> I downloaded the newest yaffs code from "
> http://www.aleph1.co.uk/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/yaffs" and place it to
> linux kernel 2.6.11. I select yafss and mtd support from muneconfig. After
> make, I got the error messages
> at the end:

yaffs is deprecated, use yaffs2 in yaffs1 mode.

> 4. then there are erros when copying  data to mnt's directory
>    the questions :
>  when copy less 120k data , no errors,and the data is correct after i
> reboot
>  however , copying more 100k data ,there are the following errors:
>  ===========================================
>  **>>mtd ecc error unfixed on chunk 113984:0
>  **>>mtd ecc error unfixed on chunk 113984:1
>  **>>Block 3562 marked for retirement
>  **>> yaffs chunk 114016 was not erased
>  **>> Erasure failed 3563
>  **>> Block 3563 retired

There's apparently a problem with your NAND driver. For kernel versions
earlier than 2.6.18 you have to manually adjust (hack) your NAND driver to
make its OOB layout match SmartMedia OOB layout.

Vitaly