Re: [Yaffs] Checkpointing in YAFFS2

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Checkpointing in YAFFS2
Hi Phil

Thanx for that.

I feel a bit guilty that I did not respond to your earlier posting on this.

At present the reserved space is a hardwired value, but I think it would be
better to use a calculated value.
That is, by looking at the number of files, blocks etc, yaffs should be able
to calculate its needs.

I do however think that an option to turn on/off checkpointing on a
per-partition basis would be a GoodThing.

Also, the ability to mount ignoring current checkpt data (?? safe mount??)

Also the ability to turn off checkpointing in Kconfig.

Thus, I propose:

CONFIG_YAFFS_ENABLE_CHECKPOINT default 'y'

Adding mount flags:
"no-checkpoint-restore" do not read checkpoint on mount
"no-checkpoint-save" do not write checkpoints on flush/umount.

In the interum I am applying your patch because I think it useful.

-- Charles