Re: [Yaffs] Files lost on remount with arm linux and yaffs2

Author: Arvind Agrawal
To: Vitaly Wool
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Files lost on remount with arm linux and yaffs2
Vitaly,

You mean take the MTD code from 2.6.18 tree and latest yaffs2 from CVS ?

I looked at pulling 2.6.18 mtd in my current kernel tree , but found that
there are too many changes and I would have to pull in the file system
subtree specially jffs2 as well, as for starter the desire is to use smaller
NOR flash as well as large NAND flash on our boards.

But from your comemnts sounds like that debuffing yaffs2 for mtd version
less than 2.6.18, is not a good idea at all :-)

Also, the second issue, I had that checkpoint not checking the BAD blocks
before looking for valid CHeckpoint blocks may still be an issue with 2.6.18

thanks,

Arvind