Re: [Yaffs] Why do I get a "gc prioritised" message?

Author: tike64
To: yaffs
CC: manningc2
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Why do I get a "gc prioritised" message?
Hi,

Allen:
> Charles:
>> If you are getting many of these, then you might have some issues
>> with ecc or similar.
>
> Ok, this is a little scary... How do we investigate this further?

I'm getting those messages a lot and feel a little scary too. I'm
getting them on the second umount after filling the filesystem,
something like this:

flash_eraseall
mount
umount - nothing
mount
umount - nothing
-
-
mount
fill the filesystem
umount - nothing
mount
umount - about thousand of 'gc ...' messages

After that, every umount generates the messages. The amount of them
might roughly reflect the size of the data in the filesystem.

Now the questions:

Is this really harmless?

If this reflects some problem, how can we trace it?

What does it actually do? Should I expect problems if I power the
system off without umounting? With older version in kernel 2.6.14 I
didn't get any problems.

--

tike

Bored stiff? Loosen up...