[Yaffs] Regarding Bad blocks

Author: Chandru
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Regarding Bad blocks
Hi All,

    How can I know the physical location of a file accessed for reading
or
writing ? I get a messages on console " ecc error fix performed on chunk
8573:0 " on the console. Is there any possibility to determine the location
where this ecc fix is performed (offset from where the flash is mapped ).
The number 8573 is the chunk id, I suppose. Is there any logic to find out
the physical location of the chunk, I suppose the page ?

    When does the page gets bad blocks ? What happens while the chip is
powered off when some data is being read from it ? Is there any chances of
data being corrupted when chip is powered off while in read operation ?

    I am trying to use nanddump utility to dump the contents to a file
in HEX Value. After reading the first block, I am getting Input/Output
error. May be the second block has been corrupted, and the read operation
fails.
    FYI I am using kernel 2.4.19. Does the nanddump needs any
modification to ignore the BAD blocks ?

Any reference docs or ideas would help me to figure it out.

Thanks,
Chandru.