Re: [Yaffs] Re: Products shipping YAFFS ??

Author: Laurie van Someren
To: qwe
CC: Charles Manning, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Re: Products shipping YAFFS ??
On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 22:18 +0800, qwe wrote:
> The "free pool" in YAFFS is larger ,but YAFFS select the block for use is
> the first find empty block ,if it is more random i think the performace
> more well ,am I right?

Qwe,

Let me see if I understand your question, because it is not clear now.

The next Write by YAFFS goes into the next unused block it finds.

You think the performance will be better if IT is more random and ask if
you are right.

You do not say what IT is. Do you mean if the next block to write in is
selected randomly rather than being the next block available ?

You do not say what measure of performance will be better if this is
done. Can you tell us ?

If you can write the question again it will be easier to answer.

Thanks
LvS

--
Laurie van Someren    Aleph One Ltd    Old Courthouse    Bottisham
CAMBRIDGE  CB25 9BA  UK   t: +44 (0)1 223 811 679  www.aleph1.co.uk

believed to be clean.