Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 git tree

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 git tree
On Friday 09 March 2007 02:32, Vitaly Wool wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm here to inform you that I've merged yaffs2 code to my Linux kernel
> GIT tree at git.infradead.org. This tree is based on and synchronized
> regularly with David Woodhouse's MTD tree which is regularly
> synchronized with Linus's master tree.
>
> So, here it is:
> http://git.infradead.org/?p=users/vwool/mtd-2.6.git;a=summary.
>
> As I'm targeting to make this code community acceptable, I'll be
> working on getting rid of #ifdef's in the first place. Also, I'll be
> applying the generic patches I'll be posting here to that tree. Well,
> anyway, making sure that mainline changes don't break YAFFS will also
> be taking place on a regular basis.
>
> Of course, if any of YAFFS2 gurus such as Charles, Wookie, Ian etc.
> are willing to provide some guidance, I'll be happy and thankful for

I'm still getting my head around how git works. I am a bit confused as to why
all the yaffs direct stuff was put into git since this is of zero use in a
kernel.

I think it would be eaiser to achieve a cleaner first load using the patch-in
process on a clean kernel, then just scoop out fs/yaffs2 and the fs Kconfig
etc. That would at least provide a much more integrated starting point.

-- Charles