Re: [Yaffs] problem mounting yaffs2 : No such device or addr…

Author: Richard Genoud
To: Vitaly Wool
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] problem mounting yaffs2 : No such device or address
2007/3/21, Vitaly Wool <>:
> On 3/21/07, Richard Genoud <> wrote:
> > I trace the code, and it seems that it's a problem with getting the
> > partitioning information.
> > I'm going to search in this way.
> >
> > here's the trace I get :
> > mount -tyaffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt/mtd0
> >   into yaffs2_read_super_mtd
> >     into get_sb_bdev
> >       into open_bdev_excl
> >         into do_open
> > ->       get_gendisk : kobj_lookup returned NULL   <-
> >         do_open : get_gendisk error
> >       open_bdev_excl : blkdev_get error
> >     open_bdev_excl error : IS_ERR(bdev) = -6
> >   get_sb_bdev result=-6

> > mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock0 on /mnt/mtd0 failed: No such device or address
>
> Can you please post your .config here? First of all, I'd check that
> MTD block device support is enabled at all.
>
> Vitaly

Well, thanks for your help !
I found it.
It was, as you said, in the kernel :
Caching block device access to MTD devices (MTD_BLOCK)
I didn't enable it, and, as it is said in the help message :
[quote]
At the moment, it is also required for the Journalling Flash File
System(s) to obtain a handle on the MTD device when it's mounted
(although JFFS and JFFS2 don't actually use any of the functionality
of the mtdblock device).
[/quote]
that's why i got jffs2 working and not yaffs...
Anyway, thanks to you both !

Richard.