Re: [Yaffs] Problem with Yaffs on Routerboard RB112 and kern…

Author: Andrea Conti
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Problem with Yaffs on Routerboard RB112 and kernel 2.6.19
Hello everyone.

I am also having a hard time with this and I was referred here.

> Can you please provide the OOB dumps for the working case?

This is the dump of a working mikrotik boot partition, created with
"nanddump -ni" under 2.6.19.2
It should contain a single file named "kernel"

http://www.alyf.net/rb/boot-dump.bz2

The chip is a Hynix HY27US08121A, with block size 16384, page size 512,
OOB size 16

Mounting this partition under 2.6.19.2 results in "bad block" errors for
the first 128 blocks, but I don't think this affects the ability of
nanddump to show the actual OOB layout. Feel free to slap me if I'm wrong...

Andrea