Re: [Yaffs] Problem with Yaffs on Routerboard RB112 and kern…

Author: ian@brightstareng.com
To: yaffs
CC: Alexandros C.Couloumbis
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Problem with Yaffs on Routerboard RB112 and kernel2.6.19
Alexandros,

On Thursday 24 May 2007 01:35, Alexandros C.Couloumbis wrote:
> > David, thanks for the feedback -- I'm working with Charles
> > to get this integrated into the mainline Yaffs codebase.
>
> what feedback?  It would be nice to make public the methology
> and the brainstorming which is far more important than the
> result.  The idea is to get more people motivated, involved
> and share the knowledge.

I worked with David and others to understand the Routerboard
issue and discussed details of format etc. on the list; and I
also described a solution.

Later I squeezed in some time to work-in a solution into a new
piece of code I had recently added to a modified version Yaffs I
run on 2.6.21 - I sent David a copy for him to test (I don't
have a Routerboard). When David said it worked, I sent the code
to Charles so he can consider adding it to Yaffs CVS.

I don't feel its constructive to fill 100's of peoples inboxes
with tar files, or to have odd versions of Yaffs thrown about.

-imcd