Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS for 512 page NAND device: 2.6.17 kernel

Author: Nobin Mathew
To: ian@brightstareng.com
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS for 512 page NAND device: 2.6.17 kernel
Hi Ian,

There are lots of "objNNN" files in lost+found directory.

There is no errors coming up when mounting this partition.

I am using 2.6.17 no extra version.

It is working fine with 2K page devices

where i am using mkyaffs2image to create file sytem

Following are commands used to burn the image

./flash_eraseall /dev/mtd2

./nandwrite -a -o /dev/mtd2 yaffs2.img

mounted using

mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt

It mounts properly, I am getting all files

In case of 2K page devices if I use u-boot's "nand write" command
instead of nandwrite/flash_eraseall combination, same error occurs.

For 512 page devices i am using mkyaffsimage tool.

For 512 page devices I am not able to mount successfully (I am getting
only lost+found), independent of method used to write the image to
flash.

Thanks
Nobin Mathew