Re: [Yaffs] Is mkyaffs util avaible in CVS?

Author: Bryan Wu
To: Nobin Mathew
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Is mkyaffs util avaible in CVS?
On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 12:07 +0530, Nobin Mathew wrote:
> This is the link to yaffs2 source
> http://www.aleph1.co.uk/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/yaffs2/

Yeah, I got this source. But there is no mkyaffs

> You can use flash_eraseall and nandwrite tools from mtd_utils

I am not sure my method, please help me to point out some wrong:
$ flash_eraseall /dev/mtd2
$ nandwrite -y -p /dev/mtd2 rootfs.yaffs2

right?

I use mkyaffs as this:

$ eraseall /dev/mtd2    /* old mtd-utils provide eraseall */
$ mkyaffs -e /dev/mtd2
$ mount -t yaffs /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt
$ cp "necessary files" /mnt
$ umount /mnt

Then I can reboot my board mounting /dev/mtdblock2 yaffs2 as rootfs.

Thanks
- Bryan Wu