[Yaffs] mkyaffs2 for yaffs2

Author: Rick Bronson
To: ksi, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] mkyaffs2 for yaffs2
Hi Sergey,

Thanks very much for all of the help.

I've got just one more question, if you don't mind. I promise not
to bug you after this one ;-)

The issue for us in using the mkyaffs2image or the nandwrite is
that we would have to tftp around these huge files that represent
each of our yaffs partitions. So for example, when we want to format
a yaffs partition we would have to do:

flash_eraseall --jffs2 /dev/mtd1
nanddump -l 1 /dev/mtd1 > fs1r.bin
nandwrite -n -o /dev/mtd1 fs1r.bin

I could skip step 2 above but it would require me to tftp over the
fs1r.bin image which is quite large.

It would be really nice if there is a way to yaffs erase a partition
without either 1) making files on-the-fly or 2) tftp'ing over big
partition files. Can you tell me what you think is the best
(easiest?) way to accomplish this?

Thanks very much.

Rick