[Yaffs] mkyaffs utility for yaffs2 large block NAND flash

Author: Siddharth Choudhuri
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] mkyaffs utility for yaffs2 large block NAND flash
Hi,

Is there is a mkyaffs version for YAFFS2 on large block NAND flash. I want to burn a YAFFS2 image
(derived out of mkyaffs2image) onto a NAND flash partition.

I tried using the nandwrite (mkyaffs2image -> erase flash -> nandwrite -a -o /dev/mtdN
yaffs2.img), but every time I mount/umount, I get a series of "gc prioritised messages" for every
block that the image was written to. However, if I erase the flash and copy the files, the same
messages does not appear. Are these messages a notification or error ?

There was a similar thread earlier
(http://aleph1.co.uk/lurker/message/20070711.040810.70f8f28a.en.html) with similar problems, but I
was wondering if there is a utility equivalent to mkyaffs.

thanks,
-siddharth

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC