Re: [Yaffs] Checkpointing kernel oops after a while

Author: Wookey
To: Charles Manning
CC: yaffs, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Checkpointing kernel oops after a while
On 2007-08-20 13:22 +1200, Charles Manning wrote:
> There were a few problems in checkpointing that were fixed in rev 1.49 that
> are likely causing the problem.

Were these such that if I make a new kernel with the new yaffs code it
will not-crash on seeing the poorly filesystem, or would it merely
prevent the FS getting into a poorly state in the first place?

I suppose we should try and arrange things so that the kernel never
crashes, no matter how shafted the FS.

I'll try an updated kernel first and see what happens.

> Curious... why is the device being remounted readonly?

Which bit of the log shows that it is? - I failed to spot it.

I'm not expecting it to be RO.

Principal hats: Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/