[Yaffs] Older yaffs bad block detection

Author: Andre Renaud
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Older yaffs bad block detection
We were having some issues with a ~4 month old yaffs checkout, where it
would incorrectly think that blocks were bad. It appeared as though it
was using MTD_OOB_AUTO to read the OOB tags, but then assuming that byte
5 of these contained the bad block marker. This was all before the large
patch which added yaffs_mtdif1.c. Has anyone seen this issue in older
versions - was it a known bug?

We've updated to the latest version, and the problem appears to have
gone away, but I'd just like to be sure.

Andre

--
Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solutions Centre

       Andre Renaud                             Bluewater Systems Ltd
Phone: +64 3 3779127 (Aus 1 800 148 751)        Level 17, 119 Armagh St
Fax:   +64 3 3779135                            PO Box 13889
Email:                  Christchurch
Web:   http://www.bluewatersys.com              New Zealand