[Balloon] audio hardware works.

Author: Wookey
To: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] audio hardware works.
For those who were at TCL on tue when we were trying to get sound to
work but having strange effects with it only playing the differences
between channels and having to write it up 'wrong' to get any volume.

Turns out the speakers we were using are just bust. They have both
channels wired together somehow.

Using some not-knackered test kit gives very good audio quality indeed
from madplay, and aumix controls the channels as expected. So the
hardware is fine.

You can hear some mush from what is probably the NAND bus when there
is no sound playing (or it is very quiet).

Audio works both from the audio connector on the back of the board and
via the Pinko connector and Hop's adaptor board (to separate mono
outputs)

Principal hats: Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/