Re: [Balloon] Balloon 2 DRAM - turn off bank 1 if it is enab…

Author: Wookey
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloon 2 DRAM - turn off bank 1 if it is enabled but there is no dram there
On 2007-11-15 13:41 +0000, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> I have been working on re-building the loon-2 boot loader with a modern
> compiler.
>
> We have come across what appears to be a timing related oddity.
>
> The following code is executed during the Linux boot phase, if the call to
> fixup_dram_bank1() is executed then the bootldr crashes
>
> With the call commented out the boot into Linux works. If we put some debug
> print statements in that part of the code then it also boots ok, but the
> printing immediately after the fixup call is garbled.

It also works OK if built with gcc4.1.3 instead of 4.2.3, which is
quite odd. Perhaps supports the theory that this is timing related and
the two compilers arrnage the code differently (we've not yet compared
objdumps)

Principal hats: Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/