[Yaffs] Problem with yaffs build configurations

Author: Colin Tuckley
Subject: [Yaffs] Problem with yaffs build configurations
yaffs can be used with a Linux Kernel or with WINCE or standalone for
applications like boot loaders.

Unfortunately, when building standalone we have a problem because
KERNEL_VERSION and LINUX_VERSION_CODE and similar macros are not
defined/available.

Looking at various configuration settings available, we appear to have at
least the following:

CONFIG_YAFFS_WINCE

__KERNEL__ (and associated macros like KERNEL_VERSION)

CONFIG_YAFFS_BOOTLDR

CONFIG_YAFFS_DIRECT

Unfortunately it appears that a lot of conditional use of KERNEL_VERSION has
not been protected by use of __KERNEL__ which causes build failures on
non-kernel builds.

Does anyone have a suggested solution to this problem.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |    |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it is pronounced?