Re: [Yaffs] Problem with yaffs build configurations

Author: Colin Tuckley
To: ian
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Problem with yaffs build configurations
wrote:

> That sounds alright for the MTD layer (bottom), but it's clearly
> inappropriate for the VFS (filesystem) layer (top).

Separating the two is the problem and it would still need fixing.

> Shouldn't all the code/files that are needed for Linux simply be
> omitted or ifdef'd.

We can't omit it, several non-Linux implementations of yaffs "emulate" the
kernel mtd layer. All this testing of KERNEL_VERSION is to determine which
MTD layer we should be using/emulating/defining.

> If there a too many Linux specifics in the
> 'generic' code, the code should be reorganized.

That is what I am trying to achieve - but without breaking anything!

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1903 236872  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it is pronounced?