Re: [Balloon] Playing with 13MHz

Author: Chris Jones
To: Balloon Board
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Playing with 13MHz
Bob Dunlop wrote:
> Since there's been a little bit of discussion about 13MHz operation
> on the IRC channel here's a patch I've been playing with to switch
> the system in and out of 13MHz operation when idle.
>
> It works for me (saves about 200mW on a Compulab board) but I have done
> no analysis of RAM timings etc. A similar patch to add 13Mhz as a
> cpufreq stepping left my system stuck at 13MHz and I havn't worked out
> why yet.

(code snipped)

Thanks for that, Bob. I've tried using those routines to jump in and out
of 13MHz mode in the embedded code I'm working on and it has proved to
me that my CPU isn't actually running at 13MHz, which means that my
code's just too slow. Doh!

Chris
--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd, makers of Solidlights