Re: [Balloon] Cross-Compiling Question for Balloon 3.0

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Neil Williams
To: Purcell, Ty
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Cross-Compiling Question for Balloon 3.0
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:55:13 -0600
"Purcell, Ty" <> wrote:

> Neil,
>
> I tried the Emdebian cross-toolchains. My workstation is a Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon.

As advised in the manpages, create a Debian chroot (unstable) and work within that.

> I had a lot of issues with incompatibilities with the packages required when running emsetup. It seemed like all of the Ubuntu packages are just a small bit different from the current debian.

It is impossible to cross-build on Ubuntu because Ubuntu does not
support cross building architectures (there are no ARM packages in
Ubuntu repositories

> Any suggestions?
>
> Ty

Please stop top-posting and keep the thread on the list.

--

Neil Williams