Re: [Balloon] Using /dev/ttyS1 (the BTUART) on Balloon 3

Author: Paul Fidler
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Using /dev/ttyS1 (the BTUART) on Balloon 3
On Feb 6 2008, Paul Fidler wrote:

> Over the last couple of days I've been trying to use the BTUART on the
> Ballon 3 without much success. All I want is to be able to listen to
> bytes coming in on the BTRXD line. It appears that the PXA is actually
> holding this line low[1].

Chris Jones spotted that the BTRXD line is connected not just to the PXA,
but to the FPGA as well. (I missed this on my cursory inspection of the
schematic.) It was actually the FPGA that was holding the line low.

Chris has fixed the VHDL (many thanks!). The new version is in the SVN
repository.

Paul.

Paul Fidler
--
Cambridge University Engineering Department | Tel: +44 1223 332816
Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK | Fax: +44 1223 332662